"How to Beat the Casinos at their own Game "
By Caterina Christakos
This section is updated quite frequently.
Bookmark this page and check back often.
Many of us fly to Vegas or Atlantic City when
we get the urge to gamble. Some times we win, most times we lose.
Ever wonder why?
Yes, everyone knows that the house has slightly
better percentages than the players but that is not the main reason
why they come out ahead.
Here are the real reasons that people lose at
land based casinos:
- Free alcohol - your reasoning is dulled and you start making
- Scantily clad women - the casino uses these women to distract
- The ringing of the slots and the cheering of the crowds -
This gives you a false sense of hope. If all of those bells
are ringing, somebody must be winning. Why not you?
- The lighting - the casino deliberately creates an atmosphere
where time is meaningless. Have you ever noticed that there
are no clocks? This keeps you playing longer than you would
have if you could see day turn to night.
- Oxygen - many casinos pump in oxygen to give you a bit of
a buzz so you can play longer
The advantages of an online casino:
- No alcohol. You can choose not to go to the fridge and get
that beer. You also don't have anyone pushing it on you.
- You can shut off the sound on your computer. Without the
sounds, you are less likely to allow your emotions to run wild.
You will also think a lot clearer when betting.
- No scantilly clad women. You can shut off the tv, and radio
and tell your girlfriend or boyfried to put some clothes on.
- Most of us have windows so we can watch time pass. More importantly,
you should wear a watch and preplan how long you will spend
gambling on each round. You can also keep an eye on your funds.
No need to count chips. The screen tells you how much you have
won or lost.
For all of these reasons and more, gambling online
makes more sense and gives you a better chance of adding to your
billfold. Just remember, once you have reached your predetermined
win - log off and get out of the house! That way you will actually
keep your winnings and watch them deposited straight into your
Caterina Christakos is a freelance travel writer and published author.
For more tips on how to improve your gambling performance go to:
More Gambling Articles